Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Wisconsin.
Pretty much anywhere there is dirt :)
City or town parks are always a good place.
Fields, playgrounds.. anywhere people gather.
Good Luck!

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am from Redmond Oregon. This time of year I like to go to swimming holes. We have not had a hard freeze so the ground is soft. Not any pepole to be bothered by your detecting. Actually one of my favorite places to go doesn't allow detecting during the summer. Lake billy Chinook. I have not detected there this year so there might still be something to find! It's a state park, and there websight gives detecting rules, basically no detecting in the summer. As the snow melts, sledding hills and snow parks in sisters or towards Bachelor are good spots. And finally permissions, I think most of the obviously old hoses have been detected, but never hurts to ask friends and neighbors. The city of Redmond is replacing play equipment and sod in two parks this winter, they will not put sod down until the spring, a unique opportunity to not have to worry about plugs. Although I was surprised, they removed eight inches of topsoil under some play equipment and all I found was twenty year old clad. I did not research when the parks were originally built, so maybe they are modern. Baker park is one block from my house, so I detected it just to hone my skills. I grew up in Redmond and Terrebonne, have detected a part of the Oregon Trail, lots of metal cans! I can show you the part of the Oregon Trail in Terrebonne that is on public land.

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry about all the spelling errors, was in a hurry and didn't proof-read!:laughing7:

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas :wave:

Like EQ8 said but make sure it's not private property. Good luck :icon_thumright:

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from North Carolina. Any place people have ever been has potential. The longer a place has been occupied and visited by many people is even better. Best is all the above plus a long history of activity. Main point is don't get discouraged and you will start to find more and more.

Poor old tom

Mar 22, 2018
Goldendale, Wa
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO x 2 - Equinox 800x2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like old homesteads, fairgrounds, parks, swimming holes. Along creek banks. In the old days they had to bring thier stock to the creek, so spent a lot of time there.
you never know what may be laying just under the surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread