Best bottle digging day ever

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went digging in the ole dump today with my digging partner and we had a bad morning of finding a bunch of junky mustards and catsups. All of a sudden the hole turned magical. Here's some cleaned up pics! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427598590.993844.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427598612.168959.jpg 2 of the 5 Saratoga waters pulled from the pit today! All spouting springs bottles in deep Aqua.

Upvote 13
blob tops, torpedoes, inks, a complete pipe, and those waters..... wow

I always like seeing the bottle finds like that. Great job, great day. Just like a roadside diner, you never know what's under the ketchup and mustard.

I'm not a bottle digger but love to see pics of your great finds. Love the pipe.

Very cool, I'd love to find some bottles like those, niceeeee.

Those mineral water bottles are killer. Are those pontiled? In your second picture all the way to the right is that a pontiled med? I would love to see some more pics of that one.

Congratulations on the recoveries

Those mineral water bottles are killer. Are those pontiled? In your second picture all the way to the right is that a pontiled med? I would love to see some more pics of that one.

Gladly. The waters are not pontiled but are around 1870 i believe. The wierd thing is I have never seen anything this old come out of this place. Just had a great pocket i guess. Most of the pontiled stuff had lip damage probably because the flared lips are soo thin. Here are the requested pics plus some pics of the damaged bottles i kept.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427634332.962870.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427634372.298273.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427634389.995738.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427634425.238552.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427634440.821287.jpg thanks for looking! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427634639.861897.jpg

Wow you made out very well. I seldom dig pontil era bottles those little puff viles never survive in my neck of the woods, to many rocks and roots. I would be sure to clean that spot out there could be something amazing at your spot.

Absolutely. The funny thing is that place is really bombed out! I think we found one of the last good pockets!

Nice.
Looks like you hit the mother lode.

SGotta tell ya when I first saw the title of your post I thought here we go again another post with a bunch of catsup bottles from 1930. But a pleasant surprise!! Nice finds Saratoga's always nice to find and in my digging days I tended to find them in bunches so keep looking.PS hate the hat

This is a nice thread... Really great to see some fresh old glass!! And they cleaned up so well!! Maybe some sodas and beers lay there for you too!:thumbsup:

SGotta tell ya when I first saw the title of your post I thought here we go again another post with a bunch of catsup bottles from 1930. But a pleasant surprise!! Nice finds Saratoga's always nice to find and in my digging days I tended to find them in bunches so keep looking.PS hate the hat

You love the HAT! Thanks the rest of the pocket is going to be explored by my digging partner tomorrow. Unfortunately i have to work. REALLY wanted to go back today but I think my girlfriend might leave me! Tough decision!!

Thank you, my pleasure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back