What's new

Best coil for nugget hunting on the MXT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joe of p-ville
  • Start date Start date
J

joe of p-ville

Guest
I have the standard coil that came with the MXT. What would be the best coil for nugget hunting? Joe Happy New Year to all.
 
I have yet to find the time to go nugget hunting yet but when I do I plan on using the 6X10 DD. The DD widescan coils will handle the more mineralized soil common in nugget hunting areas better than a concentric coil. I've read some good things about nugget shooting using the 1400 also.
 
The smaller the coil the less the mineralized ground will bother it. Also wide scan coil is the best for mineralized ground.
 
Yes, a smaller coil does not have to deal with as much soil thus minimizing the affects of the mineralization. A smaller coil is also more sensitive to smaller targets. But you generally lose some depth with a smaller coil. And we all know how deep gold likes to go. All the way to bedrock eventually. So like many things in life there are trade offs. :)
 
joe,
go with the small head. that is all i use when detecting gold here in colorado or Arizona. good luck
 
Enough said. The smaller coil alows you to get between the rocks and brush where a larger coil can not get into, plus it is more sensitive to tiny nuggets and flakes.

HH,
Sandman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom