Best deeper search coil for wet sand?

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
I have been looking for jewelry at the salt water beaches in Mass. without any luck. After searching a nice clean beach this morning, I realized that the targets are Realllly deep! I can tell the targets are very deep because the M6's tones are very quick and not very loud at all. I'm using the stock 950 coil with the M6.
So I'm going to have to get a deep seeking coil.
I don't search in the surf, but I like to search on the wet sand, because it is my belief that more jewelry is found in wet sand than higher up on dry sand. But the M6 with the stock coil doesn't go very deep in wet sand. On dry sand, I get down to about 10 or 11 inches, but the signal responses on these are quick and weak. To boost these signals, I will need to use a better set of headphones than the Whites headphones I am using. (If the signal sounds nice and loud, I am much more apt to pay attention to the signal, and dig it.)
But for depth on wet sand, what coil would you recommend using? A lot of people say they are having great results with White's Super 12 coil. But I think the Super 12 would just go a couple of inches deeper than the stock coil, at best. I think something like the DD EXcellerater 14" (not White's 1400) might be best. Any ideas? HH

Upvote 0

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
THE SUPER 12

THE SUPER 12 IS BETTER THAN A COUPLE INCHES..PLUS STILL GETS TINY ITEMS..ALOT OF BIG COILS START TO LOOSE THE SMALLER TARGETS...SUPER 12 IS STABLE,LIGHT,CUTS THROUGH SURF WELL.....YOU SHOULD GIVE IT A SHOT!! GOOD LUCK IN YOUR CHOICE!!

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
I agree with Beach Hunter 100% on the Super 12" coil!!!!! :thumbsup:

I had it installed on my BHID and it's perfect now!!! :wink:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past weekend I found a piece of a penny that had been cut (1/4 of a penny) with the 15" WOT coil on my Sovereign GT, it was over a foot deep in the wet sand at the water line. I have had nothing but good results with the 15 inch WOT. I have been loaned the 18" EXcelerator to try out, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

The hunter who loaned it to me told me he hunts in all metal mode with it, then when he finds a target, he switches to disc to see if it tones out good.

OP
OP
Massbaycolonist

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Thanks, guys. I don't know what a WOT coil is, but I'll check it out. Yes, I would think the bigger the better. Up to a certain point, of course. The dealer I bought my M6 from (and he finds lots of super things), he is using a coil that must be like 2 feet across minimum! on his Minelab. I guess I was wondering, DD or concentric? I'm going back out there today with better phones-it's a beautiful beach on the north shore. Sunny day-whats that big yellow thing up there? :icon_jokercolor: HH

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the excelerator coils... I bought the 10X14 for my Exp II and it's one of the most "stable" coils I've ever used at the beach. GREAT coverage, depth and sensitivity (just do a search for my finds the last two days :) )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread