What's new

🥇 BANNER Best find 1715 era brass navigational chart dividers

FloridaSon

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2018
Messages
320
Reaction score
564
Golden Thread
1
Location
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
B10262B0-E9D1-4595-8B79-4141157AB33F.webp
Photo from J. Clausen paper on 1715 shipwreck.
6E26F3AC-CC3E-4CE9-8C8C-059392EA47A1.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 6
Love the type you found... I’ve seen another pair just like yours found by another beach hunter after Hurricane Jeanne in 2004. And another one from the HMS Winchester in the Keys were also the same type... so your in good company with your find! So pleased for you...
 
Now THAT is a find!!! All I can say is WOW
 
Some navigational equipment from the mel fisher maritime museum in keywest....these are from the Atocha, and Santa margarita for comparison.20210114_152352.webp
 
Wow, the story keeps getting better and better, Thanks BB!

Do you know how long this type was in use? I found a reference to an 1800 shipwreck but nothing else.
 
The story it could tell..
 
Never to late to offer compliments on such a fantastic find. Well-deserved banner.
 
Truly a dream come true and try to picture that sailor plotting and navigating that galeon
 
Awesome find!

I stumbled on this post doing a search for tracking station. I frequent this beach more than any other. Only have found modern targets. Does anyone know if there has been other 1715 related finds @ tracking station?
 
Awesome find!

I stumbled on this post doing a search for tracking station. I frequent this beach more than any other. Only have found modern targets. Does anyone know if there has been other 1715 related finds @ tracking station?
Yes.....yes there has !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom