Best finds for 2023 donated to local historical society in 5 educational display cases.

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These 5 brings the total to 18. The cases are taken to elementary schools for show & tell, senior centers for presentations, and various events throughout the year. Next winter I'll be presenting my Top 10 list of the 145 (and counting) artifacts donated over the past 6 years. Remember, every artifact has a story to tell, if we're willing to listen.

Attachments

• 1_MIKE_CHERRY_Pin_OPEN4.jpg
    1_MIKE_CHERRY_Pin_OPEN4.jpg
    938.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 2_EC_Saylor_Token_OPEN.jpg
    2_EC_Saylor_Token_OPEN.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • 3_HQs_RW_Medal_OPEN.jpg
    3_HQs_RW_Medal_OPEN.jpg
    859.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 4_1838_LC_OPEN.jpg
    4_1838_LC_OPEN.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 5_COMPOTE_OPEN.jpg
    5_COMPOTE_OPEN.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 85
  • Display case 3 descriptions with 10 x 8 borders.pdf
    208.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Display case 4 descriptions with 10 x 8 borders.pdf
    151.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Upvote 20

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool! Great recoveries, great research, and outstanding presentation! You do the hobby a great service! (I mean, who wouldn't see those and be inspired to start swinging a coil?).

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool! Great recoveries, great research, and outstanding presentation! You do the hobby a great service! (I mean, who wouldn't see those and be inspired to start swinging a coil?).
robertk, thanks!

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ... you did a fantastic job there - a great way to share history !
Thanks E-Trac-Ohio! The finds you list after your post are spectacular - gives me plenty to keep looking for. With the warm up this past week, I'm itching to start the 2024 season early...

DIG5050

Apr 15, 2021
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Deus II 9”
Garrett Apex
Fisher 1236-X2
Fisher CZ20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invent4hir, what an awesome display of finds for your local historical society. They look great.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Invent4hir, you are correct sir. Every artifact has a story all its own. You did a great deed in donating the display cases to your Historical Society. These will be enjoyed and viewed by many for future generations to come. Folks such as yourself help to keep our History alive and well. Well Done Sir!

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invent4hir, what an awesome display of finds for your local historical society. They look great.
DIG5050, thanks a bunch!

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invent4hir, you are correct sir. Every artifact has a story all its own. You did a great deed in donating the display cases to your Historical Society. These will be enjoyed and viewed by many for future generations to come. Folks such as yourself help to keep our History alive and well. Well Done Sir!
Thanks devldog, that it does. Often times it is figuring out what the artifact is, the story behind it and how to make it interesting to the public. Kudos to all the folks on TNet who have helped by coming up with multiple IDs.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's amazing the number and types of objects that are lost and in the ground. Thanks to all those who share their recovered items history with others such as the members of Treasure Net do! A special thanks to one of our members inventforhir for going the extra mile!

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing the number and types of objects that are lost and in the ground. Thanks to all those who share their recovered items history with others such as the members of Treasure Net do! A special thanks to one of our members inventforhir for going the extra mile!
scruggs, thanks for the great compliment! I know for me, once an artifact like that E.C. Saylor token is found, it motivates me even more to dig up the story and share.

bottlecap4u

Jan 15, 2024
Invent4hir, you put me to shame, I'm just starting out doing the same thing, connecting peronal stories/people to the things I find on permissions. Banner thread, great job and I'm glad to see detectors like you saving history in this way.

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invent4hir, you put me to shame, I'm just starting out doing the same thing, connecting peronal stories/people to the things I find on permissions. Banner thread, great job and I'm glad to see detectors like you saving history in this way.
bottlecap4u, thanks a bunch! No shame intended - keep at it - and your skill will improve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread