What's new

Best Fresh and Salt water MD for around $600 - $800...if that is possible.

Hawk'n Dirt

Full Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
Messages
217
Reaction score
200
Golden Thread
0
Location
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK folks, I cannot find an Equipment Forum so I will post here....Being new to the sport and being hooked completely, I have already decided to purchase a MD to help me hunt in fresh and salt water this winter.

I live about 75 miles from Galveston Bay in Texas and would love to hunt on the beach and in other assorted areas around the Gulf.

Is there a good detector that is around the $600 - $800 price point that would be a good all around detector for this and if possible an every day unit as well.

I just received my Ace 250 and am having a blast with it. I was wondering about the AT Pro, how good it is in salt water, how well it balances out. Been hearing good and bad about it.

Also the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II is another I have heard about. Its not that I am married to Garrett, just seems to be the brand popping up when I look for certain things....

Thanks in advance
 
Last edited:
There are pros and cons on any water machine. Come by and see us and we can show you all of the models and help you in your search.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
 
Thank you Produce Guy...I was actually planning a trip up to see Wayne tomorrow afternoon or Saturday Morning.....I'm not going to buy until about November, but wanted to get a head start on the hunt for the unit.....get the best bang for my buck and minimize regrets so to speak....
 
dude,
best check if the feds allow md on that beach..some texas beachs are a beach..they take you down and take everything you have including your money and your freedom
 
I've seen many MD on the beaches in Galveston....also on Crystal beach as well...usually early in the morning....

The Texas forum here also says its clear to hunt.....

Plus, I just found out a buddy of mine has a second house on a beach at Port Lavaca....its gonna be a fun winter....As long as I can get the right unit....
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom