Best Gloves?

Last edited:
Yep, they had them on sale for $6.99 a pair, so I got two pair. Mountain water is so cold they come in handy. Also work nicely in the Denver area when water temps start to drop.

Two pair is smart. The elastic on mine failed after a couple years. Have you found glove liners that fit well in them for insulation in winter? That is my other frustration with those gloves.

Two pair is smart. The elastic on mine failed after a couple years. Have you found glove liners that fit well in them for insulation in winter? That is my other frustration with those gloves.

Not yet, but long cotton, wool or synthetic fiber gloves should work. Just have not found any. These might work, but they are only 14" long. Cotton, 12 pairs for $21.95, so the price is right. Don't see size however.

http://www.amazon.com/Cotton-Inspector-Gloves-inspectors-cotton/dp/B00B3Z20X6/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1438193390&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=cotton+glove+liners

I was at Home Depot the other day and saw that they have 8 packs of the blue dipped gloves for $10 dollars, that makes them just $1.25 each.
I saw them in the small engines area.

I use the black mechanics gloves. i only wear them because of glass and stuff in the creekbed.

The yellow gloves from home depot are a great deal at 1.00 a pair. I'm a masonry contractor and use them a ton (5 days a week at least) they wear out quicker then the atlas blue ones, but 4.00 vs 1.00. but also the knitting on the atlas is tighter and less dirt works it way into your gloves. Costco also carry's some black rubber palm gloves that work out to be .89 per pair. I don't use them as much because of the black they get super hot in summer. ALWAYS WERE GLOVES WHEN WORKING. BESIDES THAT THING BETWEEN YOUR EARS, THEY ARE YOUR MOST IMPORTANT TOOLS PROTECT THEM!

One thing I should have added. A lot of the rubber palm gloves come in different thickness, as far as the fabric is concerned. For instance atlas has blue(being their standard) and a thicker grey pair. That little bit of extra fabric really makes a difference in fatigue on your hands. I know it seems silly and wouldn't make much of a difference, but having that little more material that's also being pulled tight by the rubber coating really adds up. If your constantly squeezing and grabbing things it adds up. Trust me on this, it has to be super cold for me to wear the grey ones at work. I'm talking in the single digits. That's how much more they wear my hands out by end of the day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back