dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Oct 28, 2007 #1 found this at one of my new spots. cant really tell what it is. knife,spearhead ? Attachments 100_1552[1].webp 89.1 KB · Views: 843 100_1539[1].webp 105.6 KB · Views: 836 Upvote 0
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Oct 28, 2007 Thread Owner #2 Re: best head ever found.need help indentifying i will put some better pics up. it has a tail on it .first time using this . sorry.
Re: best head ever found.need help indentifying i will put some better pics up. it has a tail on it .first time using this . sorry.
newnan man Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Aug 8, 2005 Messages 8,956 Reaction score 36,624 Golden Thread 0 Location Beautiful Florida Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Oct 29, 2007 #3 Re: best head ever found.need help indentifying A beautiful Adena type made of killer material. Keep that spot a secret!!!!
Re: best head ever found.need help indentifying A beautiful Adena type made of killer material. Keep that spot a secret!!!!
steve71 Bronze Member Joined May 9, 2007 Messages 1,475 Reaction score 75 Golden Thread 0 Location TX Oct 29, 2007 #4 Re: best head ever found.need help indentifying sweet adena congrats Attachments IMG_0605.webp 28.7 KB · Views: 806 IMG_0605.webp 28.7 KB · Views: 796
Neanderthal Bronze Member Joined Aug 20, 2006 Messages 1,263 Reaction score 435 Golden Thread 0 Location oklahoma Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Oct 29, 2007 #5 Re: best head ever found.need help indentifying Looks like a pretty good sized Robbins, how long is it?
Re: best head ever found.need help indentifying Looks like a pretty good sized Robbins, how long is it?
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Oct 29, 2007 Thread Owner #6 Re: best head ever found.need help indentifying here is alittle better pic of the beauty i found.thanks for the help on this one. Attachments 100_1567[1].webp 88.2 KB · Views: 768 100_1569[1].webp 126.6 KB · Views: 764
Re: best head ever found.need help indentifying here is alittle better pic of the beauty i found.thanks for the help on this one.
A arm66 Jr. Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 34 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location NE Ohio....Mahoning County Oct 29, 2007 #7 Whoa! Man is that cool!
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Oct 29, 2007 Thread Owner #8 so does anyone know what this could of been now that i got a better pic up. thanx. dustin
hollowpointred Gold Member Joined Mar 12, 2005 Messages 6,873 Reaction score 56 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250 Oct 29, 2007 #9 spear head?
P pickaway Guest Oct 29, 2007 #10 Wow what a perfect peice with awesome color it appears to be Adena and more than likely is a knife.Congrats on the find!
Wow what a perfect peice with awesome color it appears to be Adena and more than likely is a knife.Congrats on the find!
O ohioriver hunter Sr. Member Joined Apr 12, 2007 Messages 481 Reaction score 4 Golden Thread 0 Oct 29, 2007 #11 dustintimmons_83 said: found this at one of my new spots. cant really tell what it is. knife,spearhead ? Click to expand... I want to say Adena but I,m not so sure about that, super find what ever it is .Love the material.What part of country was it found? Jeff
dustintimmons_83 said: found this at one of my new spots. cant really tell what it is. knife,spearhead ? Click to expand... I want to say Adena but I,m not so sure about that, super find what ever it is .Love the material.What part of country was it found? Jeff
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Oct 29, 2007 Thread Owner #12 i found it in west central illinois. i was hunting a new corn field that i got permission to hunt.
bean man Hero Member Joined Sep 2, 2006 Messages 834 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location Central Iowa Oct 29, 2007 #13 I want one of doze.
downindixie Hero Member Joined Oct 10, 2004 Messages 694 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location Oxford,Alabama Oct 30, 2007 #14 You found my dream!
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Oct 30, 2007 Thread Owner #15 ya it is a find of a life time. anyone still have any ideal what it is
badandy Hero Member Joined Aug 31, 2005 Messages 802 Reaction score 27 Golden Thread 0 Location Collinsville, IL. Oct 30, 2007 #16 Knife! badandy
River Rat Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jan 6, 2006 Messages 20,871 Reaction score 2,539 Golden Thread 0 Location SE Louisiana Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 3, 2007 #17 Man, if I ever found one of those, I'll think I've died. What a find!! RR
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Nov 4, 2007 Thread Owner #18 wouldn't a knife be one sided or no?
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Nov 4, 2007 Thread Owner #19 my bad dumb question
1badtacoma Full Member Joined Aug 21, 2005 Messages 109 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Wilson, NC Detector(s) used Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 250 Nov 7, 2007 #20 WOW, Nice find. I cant believe it is in that great of a shape. Most of the points I find that are in fields have been brokn or nicked by plows. I am just guessing but I have an Overstreet Identification guide and that point kind of looks like a Dickson point. I doubt it though because the base of a Dickson point is usually tapered. But very nice point.
WOW, Nice find. I cant believe it is in that great of a shape. Most of the points I find that are in fields have been brokn or nicked by plows. I am just guessing but I have an Overstreet Identification guide and that point kind of looks like a Dickson point. I doubt it though because the base of a Dickson point is usually tapered. But very nice point.