Best odds of getting a store cashier roll

egeorge1

Tenderfoot
Oct 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Wondering which type of coin rolls cashiers would most be likely to sell when you are checking out. I figure quarters and cents are most heavily used so they might not want to part with them. This leaves nickels or dimes if my logic is correct. Not sure which might be easiest to get. What have your experiences been? I just want to increase the odds of getting a roll. I was thinking of trying each time I'm at a checkout. I like to keep my CRH small time and figured this would be a good way to conveniently do a little at a time.

Any other related advice for this type of CRH?

Are certain types of stores more or less likely to say yes?

Upvote 0
Ask more towards the time the store will be closing. This way they can get more the next day when they reopen and cash out and will be less likely to say no because there almost closed. Just a thought

I wait until their drawer opens -- you can usually see rolls in there if they have them. The other thing I often do is any gas station that has video games, that sliding quarter gambling game, or little $0.25 toy vending things/claw games will always have rolls of quarters. Like, loads of them.

Very bad Here!!! They like the Silver only once half a roll Canuck silver!!! The cashiers always Show Me the Silver And Rub It in Chug

I work on register at my job. I wouldn't really care if you ask for coin rolls since I could just ask my sup for more. However if I did know that I was probably going to need them and didn't have a form of getting replacement ones soon I would probably say no. However good rolls to look for are penny rolls and nickel rolls since businesses are always bound to have lots of penny rolls since they are so cheap and useful in the drawer and nickels since they are barely used. Also you could go with dime rolls as well since 2 nickels = 1 dime. I'd stay away from quarters because they are used quite frequently

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back