Best sand scoop for hunting in ocean

Sep 15, 2015
Bowie, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can some of you more experienced folks help me with what kind of long handled sand scoop I should buy for beach hunting? Going to be for mostly hunting ocean beaches in/out of water. Thanks in advance! I really enjoy having you seasoned vets sharing what you’ve learned!

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is another one where I had to dive under and retrieve - no scooping here - very hard bottom and once again - with out a mask
you might be SOL . Bottom was clear and I could see far underwater so i just dropped my scoop in 6ft of water and dropped and fanned for my targets
and grabbed it later on the way out - could not do that if it was foamed - it was deep enough no one was gonna step on it and not being foamed did not have to worry
about anyone screwing with it or swimming into it.
attachment.php

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
f75se,CTX3030, , Deus ,Excal blue 800 & 1000 , Manticore , TDI BeachHunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Green Meanie , i looked at the Xtreme Sand Shredder , that would be a nice dry sand scoop, i currently have the Surf Master X3, but for all around hunting wet, water, dry sand, the X1 win's , happy hunting, Earl

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The disadvantage to using a shovel ...... is targets move. Even in a scoop sand can push lighter targets out of the bucket. The deeper the target the wetter the sand .... the more targets you will chase. I cant imagine using a shovel (without holes) in the oat meal (sand at the surf edge). StarvR...... when you going to make a scoop sort of like the sunspot with a sharper tip? hard pan is getting tuff to dig neck deep with a shovel nose scoop. BUT.... i like my StarvR scoop especially the SIZE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread