What's new

better pics

Deuce777

Greenie
Joined
Mar 26, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Here is what i have found so far that I feel are arrowheads or some sort of points. Let me know what you think. All were found in midcoast Maine. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • arrowhead 8.webp
    arrowhead 8.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 203
  • arrowhaed 7.webp
    arrowhaed 7.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 183
  • arrowhead 5.webp
    arrowhead 5.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 196
  • arrowhead 6.webp
    arrowhead 6.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 209
  • arrowhead 8.webp
    arrowhead 8.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 191
  • arrowhead 9.webp
    arrowhead 9.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 207
  • arrowhead 10.webp
    arrowhead 10.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 195
  • arrowhead 12.webp
    arrowhead 12.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 186
  • arrowhead 15.webp
    arrowhead 15.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 181
  • arrowhead 11.webp
    arrowhead 11.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 186
  • arrowhead 14.webp
    arrowhead 14.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 193
  • arrowhead 8.webp
    arrowhead 8.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0
Nr three definatly looks like a point made on a flake to me. Nr 4 is a tool, 5 is a broken point. (woulda been a gloater) 7 is the broken tip of a point or blade, 9 is a section of a point or blade. Save all those brokes, and separate them according to sight. You will one day be surprised to see some parts fit together and form a whole point.
 
I see one tip and one midsection the rest look like debitage to me. That stripedy rock is extremely cool if you could find a point made out of that would you send it to me? :icon_king:
 
Jonnyreb #5 the orangish one was a whole point. I had it in a bag with some pieces of flint I had found and I dropped it by accident. The tip just crumbled. Just tiny little pieces in bottom of bag. It was the only thing that broke. I was quite upset!! Tomclark which two are you talking about? Thanks both of you for your input! Greatly appreciated!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom