Between showers

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Looked out the kitchen window to see if it was still raining, and this guy was sitting on the fence. Male California Valley Quail. I think we are pretty much the northern edge of their range. Not real common here, lots of them in California. The female is probably on a nest someplace close by.

quailA1.jpg
I cropped the picture, he was a ways off. He is puffed up because it's cold, he's not that fat. They are white meat and good tasting, but you only get one bite, the picture makes him look a lot larger than he is.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Looked out the kitchen window to see if it was still raining, and this guy was sitting on the fence. Male California Valley Quail. I think we are pretty much the northern edge of their range. Not real common here, lots of them in California. The female is probably on a nest someplace close by.

View attachment 1450709
I cropped the picture, he was a ways off. He is puffed up because it's cold, he's not that fat. They are white meat and good tasting, but you only get one bite, the picture makes him look a lot larger than he is.

These are good too.

K1600_DSCN2202.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions