What's new

Big brass nail

Vikingblood

Full Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
212
Reaction score
58
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this nice big brass nail on the beach tonight. I have found other very small brass nails in this area for awhile now so I always hit this spot pretty hard and tonight I found this. Half of it is roundish and the top half is square. Had such a bad day otherwise. But may 19th is my birthday.
 

Attachments

  • image-1097403340.webp
    image-1097403340.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 164
  • image-3693848755.webp
    image-3693848755.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 176
  • image-3591740592.webp
    image-3591740592.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0
Well I pounded that area with my at pro, which gets no depth in the salt since it has to be tuned down so much. And hit the wet slope and dry sand with v3i and did not find anything else. The nail is not magnetic at all and I used a good strong magnet. I am still rife with excitement about the nail and now I'm gonna get an Minelab excal to get into the deeper water and pound that place some more. I just can't get over how good the condition of the nail is, although it is bent. Which is surprising since brass is kinda brittle, I thought. I'm so curios as to how old it is and what might of happened to the ship. Just holding this thing evokes all sorts of ideas of what could have happened on that ship. Thanks again guys.

Viking, actually brass is very ductile, bronze on the other hand is pretty brittle. I'll keep my eyes open for an Excal.
 
Oh ok. Good info.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom