What's new

Big Dino Tooth Maybe?

agriff

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2018
Messages
23
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hanover Illinois
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Folks. I usually lurk around the geology forums but like most of you I am always looking down. Many years ago I found this thing while roaming around in Wyoming. Kind of thought it
Might be a tooth. Any thoughts. Thanks
 
20181001_151154.webp
Having trouble with pics. Sorry
 
Rebbachisaurus? Need some more pictures
 
I was trying to get a better view of the chisel point but failed. The tooth looks like it has bern beat up a bit.
 
looks like maybe a partial tusk. Any chance of getting a close up of the ends? if it Mastodon or mammoth, the ends would show a cross hatch pattern.
 
Thanks Everyone. My Grandkids will inherit a tooth that will be identified as probably Rebbachisaurus. Appreciate the help. Agriff
 
Another identification could be a sea urchin spine. Depending on the sediment this was fossilized in.
 
I do agree, it has the appearance of bone/ivory, but the shape of a urchin spine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom