Big money silver, tiny watch, and a neat token.

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 17
OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what, for a silver ring, makes it so valuable? Are they rare? Limited production?

It's just a high end designer. It was made in Germany. I've found a few others that sold nice. A Tiffany silver and a little gold heart lock ring for $290. Another silver ring that had chosen on the outside made by King baby studios I sold for $165 so keep your eyes open cause you wouldn't want to scrap those.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the extra info, I was getting confused myself.

That's a-lot of money for a Silver Ring 'it better mean Something Sentimental ' for that price.
Very nice tho but not really my style.

I wonder if Crusader ever comes across such (Size Marked Rings) in the UK?

OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the extra info, I was getting confused myself.

That's a-lot of money for a Silver Ring 'it better mean Something Sentimental ' for that price.
Very nice tho but not really my style.

I wonder if Crusader ever comes across such (Size Marked Rings) in the UK?

Thank you sir. It does get very confusing with all the different hallmarks, karat marks, and ring size marks. I bet he finds many of them with the ring size. Some odd reason I doubt it's plain wedding bands but more designer in Europe.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE FINDS YELLER BELLY .

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Makes me wonder if we hunt the same beach? Thanks where did you take your little watch to get it fixed? Do the little watches have any value? Did they date them for you or are they more modern? Mine is kinda crusty on the inside.
no doubt about it.. I've covered a lot of the fleet,but lately have been focusing on my shipwrecks,and colony site,as soon as I get back,i will be hitting both again pretty heavy
,as far as the watches,what I have found,the only way they are worth money is if the case is made of gold,or the watch is older from a big name watchmaker,as far as dating is concerned,you have to match the serial numbers

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I was under the impression it was 14k and interesting on the other high tone golds you have found.
The only two high tone gold's I have found are 22k or better. one is a small band and the other is a pendant. I have a friend that found a band marked 9999 and it looks just as good as the mark. It hits the same as the two mentioned above.

Grats to you on the super silver find, thanks for sharing and HH ALL.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CTX would read 12:47 or a higher, the Hermes ring (exact one) is on the website... Silver... Congrats on the finds... sweet :occasion14:

OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. What kind of detectors you both using? The CTX? Keep an eye out for those 12:29 penny tones can be fat 18k rings. Also maybe my setting and the way Im running it.

QUOTE=xr7ator;4729723]I was under the impression it was 14k and interesting on the other high tone golds you have found.
The only two high tone gold's I have found are 22k or better. one is a small band and the other is a pendant. I have a friend that found a band marked 9999 and it looks just as good as the mark. It hits the same as the two mentioned above.

Grats to you on the super silver find, thanks for sharing and HH ALL.[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CTX would read 12:47 or a higher, the Hermes ring (exact one) is on the website... Silver... Congrats on the finds... sweet :occasion14:

Funny thing is it really should be 12:47 but I've had a lot of silver rings come in 1:## on the CTX. Three digit number that's how I quickly cherry picked the Hermes. Thanks you sir Im just glad I was able to find the match. Finding the items aren't as hard as identifying or finding a match.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on some nice finds! You can hope to find the matching bracelet to go with the ring as they sell for big money. See the link below for rings and bracelets that sold on eBay. Have you opened the lady's pocketwatch to see what the case composition is and who is the maker of the movement? I ask because it has the appearance of a European/possibly Swiss made pocketwatch!

hermes ring silver COLLIER de CHIEN RIVALE | eBay

Frank

OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir and that's the best kind of attitude or positive reinforcement cause you never know what the next thing you can or will find out there. As far as the watch I think it just says quarts but I will have to look it over better. Thank you for the info on the watches and I will let you know if I find anymore info on it.

Congrats on some nice finds! You can hope to find the matching bracelet to go with the ring as they sell for big money. See the link below for rings and bracelets that sold on eBay. Have you opened the lady's pocketwatch to see what the case composition is and who is the maker of the movement? I ask because it has the appearance of a European/possibly Swiss made pocketwatch!

hermes ring silver COLLIER de CHIEN RIVALE | eBay

Frank

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting