Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Oaks & Duck tracks

I spent an enjoyable afternoon on my landlady's ranch detecting & exploring, I found a shotgun brass, broken arrowhead on the pond bank, (they are very low), with little rainfall this year, duck tracks in the water, critter holes in the base of a tree, odd bits of metal, & a mound where we were told the Choctaws buried their dead.
An old Doctor (now deceased), told the story, there were stones marking the graves years ago, but they must have been removed to mow hay on the land.
These old trees gave shade to farmers & their teams while plowing or baling hay, I have found mower teeth, pocket knives, & odds & ends under them over the years.

Fossis.............

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    451.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    404.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    470.2 KB · Views: 292
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    495.4 KB · Views: 287
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 291
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 278
Re: Big Oaks & Duck tracks

fossis said:
I spent an enjoyable afternoon on my landlady's ranch detecting & exploring, I found a shotgun brass, broken arrowhead on the pond bank, (they are very low), with little rainfall this year, duck tracks in the water, critter holes in the base of a tree, odd bits of metal, & a mound where we were told the Choctaws buried their dead.
An old Doctor (now deceased), told the story, there were stones marking the graves years ago, but they must have been removed to mow hay on the land.
These old trees gave shade to farmers & their teams while plowing or baling hay, I have found mower teeth, pocket knives, & odds & ends under them over the years.

Fossis.............
Excellent as always Fossis, I like seeing those points being found.
Ed

VanGone said:
fossis said:

Fossis.............
Excellent as always Fossis, I like seeing those points being found.
Ed

Thanks Ed, I guess it was just lost on a hunt years ago, the river is a ways north of here, & lots of things were found there over the years, including a Silver headband made from old coins, i tried to buy it, but no luck. :icon_scratch:

Fossis............

theviking said:
Wow, what a tree! Nice pics, thanks for the view.

Thanks, it has seen many sights in it's day i'me sure.

Fossis...........

Cool shots. :icon_thumright: Those trees are incredible. Its a very rare day that you see a tree thats even anywhere near that size around here.

DigginThePast said:
Cool shots. :icon_thumright: Those trees are incredible. Its a very rare day that you see a tree thats even anywhere near that size around here.

In our forests they usually get cut, but in the pastures & meadows, & around old homesteads they leave them be.

Fossis............

i love big trees!!!! taken a few years back

Attachments

• 100_0994.JPG
    100_0994.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 100_0995.JPG
    100_0995.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 226

Me too, I got pic's of those in april when we went over there.

Fossis............

Well yeah, I'd say that pond is a little low. :wink:

Nice pics Fossis, and a sweet little point to boot, looks like a better day than I had!

scotto said:
Well yeah, I'd say that pond is a little low. :wink:

Nice pics Fossis, and a sweet little point to boot, looks like a better day than I had!

Thanks, it's actually broken about halfway, but i was hopeing. :icon_scratch:

Fossis...............

Just beautiful, Fossis :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:! Does the one old tree have wire wrapped around it? Trees don't last a long time up here on the prairie---if the lightning doesn't get them, then the ranchers who use those planes to spray weeds will.

sandcreek4 said:
Just beautiful, Fossis :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:! Does the one old tree have wire wrapped around it? Trees don't last a long time up here on the prairie---if the lightning doesn't get them, then the ranchers who use those planes to spray weeds will.

Yes it does, but only to get it off the meadow, it won't grow into it.
My Aunt has a large oak in Ar that is 27 feet around, it recently began to fall, limb by limb, the buffalo probably scratched on it years ago.

Fossis............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back