Big Rock

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Cloudy day south of Moab Ut.
I was limited to where I could pull over for a snapshot.
After taking the picture I drove down the hwy for a bit, and saw a dirt road leading out to it. I wish I could have taken the picture from there. I think it would have been a better composition, and gave it more depth.This thing is big, I think a car would fit in that hole at the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_4944.jpg
    IMG_4944.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 183

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Cloudy day south of Moab Ut.
I was limited to where I could pull over for a snapshot.
After taking the picture I drove down the hwy for a bit, and saw a dirt road leading out to it. I wish I could have taken the picture from there. I think it would have been a better composition, and gave it more depth.This thing is big, I think a car would fit in that hole at the bottom.
I like it Ron, very pretty place.
Ed

mjido

Aug 14, 2007
Western New Mexico
Nice Ron, been there many times. Not far from there is Newpaper Rock Indian petroglyph. We used to go to Moab at least once a year. Sure is pretty country and we have done a lot sightseeing in that country.

Jim

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Thanks Ed and Jim,

I would love to be able to have the time to explore all the other places in the area. I just pass thru once in a while in this truck. Heres a picture taken the same day just a few miles up the road. I have taken pictures here before when the lighting conditions were better. Started to trash this one, but thought i would keep it for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_4946.jpg
    IMG_4946.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 90

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! Too cool. I took a pic from that exact same spot some time back, cause it caught my eye. We had gone down to Mancos and camped and I went across and north cause I wanted to see Newspaper Rock. When we go to Moab we generally camp in the Horsethief area and along the river north east of Moab, cause lots of Indian petroglyphs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions