What's new

Big score at a beach rsilva and I have been hitting on an off all year

Miah

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
54
Reaction score
133
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Whites Surfmaster PI
Whites XLT
Rsilva had some great finds yesterday and suggested I hit the same spot. I hit it for about 3 hours and still haven't looked at all the finds in detail but in summary:

33 wheat cents, this may be a record for me.
2 Indian cents
7 buffalo nickels
1938, 1940 and one encrusted Jefferson.
5 silver dimes they are rough but looks like Roosevelt and Mercury.
1957 Washington quarter
Barber quarter. 1903?

I may take some better pictures tomorrow in the sunlight

I also need to double check my pockets I seem to remember seeing a few coins that didn't make it into the sorting plate.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429410023.017810.webp
 
Upvote 10
Great finds!! Look like water digs??
 
Great finds!! Look like water digs??

He did say at a beach in the title.

Great finds though and that is a pretty amazing amount of wheats.
 
I was in the wet sand.

Thanks for the info! Out here it is a real joy to see any oldies come up out of the wet.
 
damn man what a haul! this spot has been good to us and i don't think its done giving! still a lot of signals to dig! and hopefully we will get some weather that will stir up the sand some more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom