What's new

Big silver and........

  • Thread starter Thread starter TreasurdiggrNY
  • Start date Start date
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Guest
:hello:
Got away to Boston this past weekend to meet up with one of my wife's friends Megan and her family. I threw the detector in the car in case I would get some time to get out. On Saturday Meghan's husband Matt and I got to hit the beach. First Target I dug was a quarter, two feet away and 10 seconds later I pull up the big silver ring :o Turns out it's a spinner, my first :icon_thumright: Down the beach a little further I found a junk ring and an earring.
I asked Matt if he wanted to try, he said he'd give it a shot. We headed down the beach and came up to a spot with a good slope and I said, "we might hit on some good targets in here". 5 mins later he gets a hit, I was digging for him and pulled out a big scoop, it was still in the hole. I took another scoop and he scanned the hole, the target was in the scoop. I stepped into the water to wash the sand out of the scoop, when I looked in and saw the giant ring with 33 rocks on it shining back I about fell over. I showed Matt what was in the scoop, he was really excited and asked if it was real :icon_scratch:
I checked for a K mark but there was none, there was actually no mark. It was silver colored and could have been white gold but it rang up as silver so I told him "I hope it's real but it's probably not. We hunted a little more and wrapped it up. We had to meet the wives and kids at the mall which would give us a chance to check the ring out. We went to 2 shops and turns out the rocks are fake and the ring is not gold, probably silver with CZ's. Still a great hunt though, great to see someone new make a great find.
 

Attachments

  • 7-18-10 005.webp
    7-18-10 005.webp
    72 KB · Views: 344
  • 7-18-10 004.webp
    7-18-10 004.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 7-18-10 003.webp
    7-18-10 003.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 7-18-10 002.webp
    7-18-10 002.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 335
  • 7-18-10 001.webp
    7-18-10 001.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0
I think that I would have had a stroke if I found that in my scoop :tongue3:
HH drew
 
Congrats Glen, :thumbsup:
 
Those darn nitros :cussing:

Nice hunt Glenn. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom