What's new

Big Silver, My First Seated Dime, and some IHPs

PA Sleuth

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
260
Reaction score
708
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The following is a collection of keepers from three hunts this past week. While the Barber Half is gorgeous, I am more proud of my very first Seated Dime, an 1877. The IHPs are 1891 and 1882, the Mercs are 1918 and 1944. The pin says Hospital Volunteer - 3000 Hours. Could you imagine? 3000 hours. I doubt there are many of us that have 3000 hours slinging coil! Enjoy

IMG_1664.webp
IMG_1665.webp
 
Upvote 22
Sweet Barber Half and nice going on the other silvers as well. Gee it would be kind of a cool thing getting a pin for every 1000hrs of swinging a coil, sort like a sobriety pin.:tongue3:
 
Really great finds sleuth! I have a warm place in my heart for Barber halves, and yours is beautiful. Congrats on the first seated dime as well.

I did some calculating, and I figure I have roughly 4000 hours detecting since 2010. I usually get 20 hrs/week from the middle of March to the middle of November, give or take.

I think my wife is right...I might have a problem! Lol
 
I know that seated made your heart skip a beat, like that Barber half in the pic has done mine. Hopefully you found a keeper or 2 during each of the 3 hunts.
 
I think both the Barber and Seated are great! I still remember the first seated coin I ever dug (but it's easy because I only have a few LOL). I have way, WAY more than 3000 hours detecting. Been doing this non-stop since about 1982. 30,000 hours would probably be a low number.
 
Beautiful collection of silver, gold and copper! Congratulations. :occasion14:
 
Great digs!!! That Barber is sweet!!!!:thumbsup:
 
I think both the Barber and Seated are great! I still remember the first seated coin I ever dug (but it's easy because I only have a few LOL). I have way, WAY more than 3000 hours detecting. Been doing this non-stop since about 1982. 30,000 hours would probably be a low number.

Thanks, been a Youtube subscriber of yours for a while, keep up the good work.
 
Really great finds sleuth! I have a warm place in my heart for Barber halves, and yours is beautiful. Congrats on the first seated dime as well.

I did some calculating, and I figure I have roughly 4000 hours detecting since 2010. I usually get 20 hrs/week from the middle of March to the middle of November, give or take.

I think my wife is right...I might have a problem! Lol

You deserve a pin!
 
Sweet Barber Half and nice going on the other silvers as well. Gee it would be kind of a cool thing getting a pin for every 1000hrs of swinging a coil, sort like a sobriety pin.:tongue3:

Hello. My name is PA Sleuth and I have a coil swinging problem.
 
That Barber just jumps out of the picture. I think I like it even better than the seated!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom