What's new

Biggest shark tooth yet and a gray one too

bergie

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,280
Golden Thread
0
For the ones I find here in Florida, this is the biggest yet. Are the black ones recent or fossil? They look very old up close. What about gray one? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • shrk.webp
    shrk.webp
    154.4 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 10
Nice tooth, I have found 1000s of shark's teeth, both are fossilized, you will see them black, gray, brown, and even an off white color, the color comes from the sediments and minerals the tooth has been exposed too during the time it took it to become fossilized.

Unfossilzed teeth will almost always be a pearly white color, just like our teeth.

.
 
Last edited:
Both fossilized
 
Thanks for info - how long does it take to get fossilized?
 
Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water...
 
Great looking teeth there! When I was attending Venice elementary school I would walk home down a shell rock road from the bus stop and find teeth like that on a regular basis.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom