What's new

Biscuit Cutter?

soupie

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
1,008
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm leaning towards a biscuit cutter.
Thanks for any info
Soup

DSC01042.webp

DSC01043.webp
 
it looks like a chain link fence cap or maybe a biscuit cutter.

Bill
 
Upvote 0
No Creskol
It is way to lite for cast...
 
Upvote 0
Chain link fence post cap. Specifically, a "loop cap."

Best,
Scott
 

Attachments

  • loop_sml.webp
    loop_sml.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
I am calling this one,It is most likely a fence post cap as stated.
Although I think it would suffice for a biscuit cutter or a bulb planter in a pinch. :tongue3:
Thanks for the input folks :hello:
HH Soup
 
Upvote 0
Soupie said:
I am calling this one,It is most likely a fence post cap as stated.
Although I think it would suffice for a biscuit cutter or a bulb planter in a pinch. :tongue3:
Thanks for the input folks :hello:
HH Soup

After looking at it again, it is possible that it could be either; it is tapered somewhat and doesn't have a blunt, rolled edge around the opening. Very curious....

Best,
Scott
 
Upvote 0
I see I am late on this one but I would also say it's a aluminum "loop cap" for a chain link fence too, it would go onto the line post and the top rail would go through the "loop". I've installed many chain link fences in the past. If you measured the inside diameter of the cup part, it would be slightly larger than 2", 1 5/8", etc. for a clearance fit on the metal post, good ID guys ! :icon_thumright:

TommNJ
 
Upvote 0
I think the top part would have to be round shaped to be a post top for a chain link fence. The horizontial pipe needs to slide into that part.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a plug for a grease pit in a butcher shop :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
They come in all shapes and sizes, yours looks like one that Sears use to install.
 

Attachments

  • dallas_chain_link_fence3.webp
    dallas_chain_link_fence3.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0
Sorry that I am late on this reply. I just wanted to say that it is a top piece for a chain link fence post, but specifically it is a "Sears Roebuck" fence post cap. I have a bucket of them in my shed, but it is so cold out that I can't get the door to the shed open due to the ground heaving. Sears fencing was unique to this style and I was hoping to get a photo of one of mine in like new condition. I know that they were common in the 1960's and 1970's.- JHinPA
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom