What's new

Bison Bone with Possible Tool Mark?

MOGARDE

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
61
Reaction score
112
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi there! We found this Bison bone in sediment close to the water on the River. It was almost completely buried in an area usually under water. It doesn't seem fossilized or anything. We sent the pictures to a paleontologist who confirmed that it was most likely Buffalo. It was found in an area along the river that seems to collect a variety of artifacts, scrapers, Dickson points etc.

It has an interesting mark on the end that is broken off. Could it be a tool mark? It also has a perfectly round hole punctured in the opposite end. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5601.webp
    IMG_5601.webp
    128.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5602.webp
    IMG_5602.webp
    137.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5615.webp
    IMG_5615.webp
    144.8 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
I can't help with the question you have as I am sure it would be difficult to decide if the cut mark is ancient and done with stone tools or more modern tools. I would have brought it home too it has a cool look to it and would compliment some artifacts on a shelf nicely.
 
Thanks just the same! Yeah, I thought it looked pretty cool displayed with the artifacts. Thanks so much!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom