Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, thanks for sharing
What year would the sign be from?
Banner to pin on the side of a tent. It was probably from Camp Cody where all the guys who were on the border went to re arm and train while waiting to be shipped out to WW 1. I am also call it the first trench art as they had trenches around El Paso and at Colonia Dublan a Mormon Colony near Casas Grandes. It is all hand made from materials they could scrounge. I believe the saddle below the banner is also from Cody but who knows a real old guy in Deming had it said it was in his grandpas barn when he was a kid they used it.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner to pin on the side of a tent. It was probably from Camp Cody where all the guys who were on the border went to re arm and train while waiting to be shipped out to WW 1. I am also call it the first trench art as they had trenches around El Paso and at Colonia Dublan a Mormon Colony near Casas Grandes. It is all hand made from materials they could scrounge. I believe the saddle below the banner is also from Cody but who knows a real old guy in Deming had it said it was in his grandpas barn when he was a kid they used it.
Cool stuff Doug!

OP
OP
dougachim

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, thanks for sharing
What year would the sign be from?
They were around till WW1 started so 1916-17

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread