What's new

Black rock non-metallic

Chuynena

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 2, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This piece was given to me by a friend from Colorado. I have no idea what it is. It’s very heavy for its size. Measures about 2 inches and weighs around 9.5 oz. Very heavy but also very soft. I can file off shiny dust with a nail file. Hope someone can help me identify it.

B9EF9ECD-3180-4AF3-9A9C-553D790B444E.webpA2A8CACD-DD84-454D-BD88-E855053BF0E6.webp3B67D6D5-E752-4DEF-B324-0294D997E39F.webpEBD2283B-7224-4114-8221-5299330CD66E.webpB6C4D066-FCC9-445C-82F3-ED2850E4B79F.webpB9EF9ECD-3180-4AF3-9A9C-553D790B444E.webpA2A8CACD-DD84-454D-BD88-E855053BF0E6.webp3B67D6D5-E752-4DEF-B324-0294D997E39F.webpEBD2283B-7224-4114-8221-5299330CD66E.webpB6C4D066-FCC9-445C-82F3-ED2850E4B79F.webp
 
Or it could be a piece of lead slag that was pounded into a square
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet from Toronto Chuynena! :hello:
You might want to post your thread in Rocks/Gems as well.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Good ID kinda looks like a meteorite rock like I have.
 
Upvote 0
Took two more pictures. Broke it in half and looks like a mirror, very very shiny. Also took a small piece off and tried to burn it. All it did was make it 800F546C-A7FC-43B8-85DE-FC5A9E6C93F8.webpkinda bluish black but it’s not metal because it’s not magnetic
6B2E2787-0325-43B0-A42E-A85A5BF99C4D.webp
 
Upvote 0
it’s not metal because it’s not magnetic

Good grief ... lots of metals aren't magnetic. Galena is not magnetic.

Let's pool all our change into one big pile. You can have all the coins that stick to a magnet and I'll take what's left :)
 
Upvote 0
plug & play
I hope you're not from Canada
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom