What's new

Blacksmith Shop Bottle Finds

River Rat

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
20,871
Reaction score
2,539
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a collection of old medicine bottles found around & about the property. Since the BSS has been completely torn down I have been digging around in the dirt floor. Today, I found the shards of a Vermo, if I can make out the embossed writings on the bottle I would "google" to find more infomation. Too bad that 2 bottles were broken, but I was able to get the names.

Intact bottle...Dr. Tichenor's Antiseptic (my smallest bottle to be found) Dr. Tichenor's is not a uncommon bottle around my neck of the woods. But, it was interesting to read about it. http://www.drtichenor.com/main.html

Moroline...per website was a 8 side bottle...a forerunner of vaseline.

Vermo...a bitters for the stomach

2 other websites I found to be very informative on IDing bottles.

http://webpages.charter.net/blindsey8952/index.htm and http://www.blm.gov/historic_bottles/index.htm

;) River
 

Attachments

  • BSSbottles (2).webp
    BSSbottles (2).webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 508
RR,

nice finds.

Find myself keeping some of the shards and
trying to I.D. and get history. Half the fun of
bottles.

Thanks the high desert web site.

have a good un............
 
Nice finds and very good info River...Thanks for sharing those sites. Your BSS sounds like a fascinating place to hunt around. I keep little glass shards with writing on it also ,if its something I havent seen before. Keep up the good work!
 
Interesting finds,
keep it up River Rat.
Thanks for sharing these!

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom