mikeofaustin said:
I'll tell you what... If you do ANYTHING to make me buck... Be forwarded... I might be plenty upset, and a life might just be taken.
Do you eat meat?
If so, it doesn't make a lot of sense to approve of eating an animal and disapprove of riding the same animal for sport.
It's why I've never understood the outrage over cockfighting. It's OK to decapitate, pluck, and BBQ a chicken, but you can't fight them to the death for sport? A rooster has a brain the size of a BB and will kill any other rooster in the barnyard if left to their own devices. Cockfighting is just watching for sport what the animal is already programmed to naturally do - with the exception of the steel spurs.
I stated this in the other "cruelty" thread that got locked down, but I think that Disney cartoons featuring anthropomorphic talking mice and bears have really warped how we view animals. I know in cartoons the Care Bears like to shoot rainbows out of their cute little tummies, but here in the real world, bears will kill and eat you. Mice don't pilot steamboats and have girlfriends named Minnie. Here in reality they destroy crops and spread disease.
Again, I don't approve of starving or neglecting your pet dog or cat, but pitching a fit over a horse with a busted lip is just a little over the top IMO. The majority of animal cruelty IMO is the fur trade, veal, and sorry people who refuse to give their pet dogs and cats proper food or veterinary care. Those people you see on the animal hoarder shows are the worst violators.