F fe2o3 Greenie Joined May 6, 2011 Messages 12 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location Gibraltar, Michigan May 18, 2011 #1 Found at an old homesite on a canal. I think it adorned the bow of a small boat or canoe. looks like it had a lot of tacks in it. fe2o3 Attachments triangle1.webp 70.8 KB · Views: 277 triangle2.webp 81.1 KB · Views: 271
Found at an old homesite on a canal. I think it adorned the bow of a small boat or canoe. looks like it had a lot of tacks in it. fe2o3
baspinall Bronze Member Joined Jul 23, 2006 Messages 2,465 Reaction score 846 Golden Thread 1 Location Pennsylvania 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus Minelab Equinox 800 GPX 4500 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 18, 2011 #2 Does kinda look like a bow plate Upvote 0
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 19, 2011 #3 Yeah, I'd go with a bow cap from a wood skiff. Here's a modern equivalent. Upvote 0
DirtDigler Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2010 Messages 286 Reaction score 4 Golden Thread 0 Location Caroline Co., VA Detector(s) used Teknetics T2 May 19, 2011 #4 With all those rivets, I'm thinking maybe an aluminum skiff. Upvote 0