BofA people beware

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to THREE different Bank of Americas today. They all said the same thing. "We can't cash $500 of halves on the spot, we need to verify the amount by sending it out to be counted (rolls) and the $$ will be deposited into your account." One teller got real officious with me and gave this speech for 5 minutes while people were waiting behind me.

It looks like I'll need to switch dumps soon. I know TD has coin counters but the checking account needs a minimum of $750 in it to have no fees. Anyone able to work around this and have a Fee-Free TD account?

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
TD has a Christmas savings account that has no minimum and no fee. You can only deposit. Once a year, they send you a check of the account balance. The account gives you access to all their services including the Penny Arcade. I only dump cents and dimes on them as my half dumping is easier and has been explained here in the past. I'll dump the dimes on a separate ticket, and then dump the cents on another. Take the tickets to the counter and deposit the cents ticket and cash the dimes ticket.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I even find it varies by branch in the same area. I have some branches that don't mind me dumping re-rolled halves, while others insist on bagging them and sending them off for counting.

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have td bank and dump there all the time. But the ones in nh don't have penny arcades and don't have a fee. So if you go to one withought a penny arcade they may have one behind the counter like mine

Allgentix

Aug 31, 2011
San Francisco, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BoA can be tricky, i always walk in and ask how they process if i deposit coins. Some will say they will credit me first and sent it off to be counted and then corrected. Others will want to send it off first and let it get counted and credit me.

Glad i have 3 BoA who credit me first, keeps my coin hunting alive.

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Almost all of the BoA's in my area are like this. Most banks (non BoA) though will exchange for cash if your halves are rolled and many banks will give you the rolls for free. It's a little extra work, yes, but usually you do have to give a little to get something in return.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread