What's new

Book recomendation (update: I got one!)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While wandering around Borders, i browsed the coin selection and ended up getting a book for crh'ing. It is called "strike it rich with pocket change." It has all the different varieties for clad coins plus collectible dates with clear pictures. I have been spot checking some coins, I haven't found anything yet, but it won't be long till I find a variety.

http://www.amazon.com/Strike-Pocket-Change-Brian-Allen/dp/0896894428/?tag=treasurenet01-20


I was checking my pile of IKE's from crh'ing (about 100) and I got my first variety 1972 D Peg leg variety worth about 8 bucks. Pretty neat 8)
HH
-GC
 
Upvote 0
Re: Book recomendation

Looks like a good book to have on hand. How useful would you rate it?
 
Re: Book recomendation

Definately heard this book mentioned around this site before.

Most people seem to have some pretty possitive things to say about it.

Might look into it myself some day when I some time.

~Dave
 
Re: Book recomendation

How ironic. I just bought the very same book last week .

Mojo
 
Re: Book recomendation

I would rate it a four, it has excellent pictures on varieties and a decent catalog of common errors, but it has little info on older coin varieties, but it has info hard to find anywhere else

HH
-GC
 
Re: Book recomendation

sounds like it is great for coin roll hunting, but not so great for the older coins you dont typically see in use
 
Updated

HH
-GC
 
I picked up a copy of that book in August, and it has paid for itself several times over already on the coins I have pulled out of change and rolls that I would not have known to look for had it not been for the book. Some of the best money I ever spent.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom