boost 2 inches on your whites metal detector without loosing your ears :)

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this is one of the flaws on this type of detectors "mxt m6 ETC"
if you hit a shallow coin the sound will blow your ears, then you will have to buy headphones with volume control and audio limiter that are really expensive just to hear those faint signals "but be protected"

this mod will cost you around 30 bucks and will work on any headphone you have in your house + you wont need volume control because you will be protected by the audio limiting cable

the amplifier will last more than 8 hours (mine is over 9 hours) + its rechargable :)

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a flaw in the detector at all, The sound heard is modulated and gets stronger or weaker depending on the size or depth of the target the user of the size depth, Any serious MXT user would not consider headphone without volume controls because there is no substitute for having extra volume controls, My Musketeer Advantage using Koss 3030's nearly blew my ears out one night because of the lack of volume controls, Lesson learned Grey Ghosts or Nugget Busters all the way ever since,

That's a good Idea but I sometimes detect 12/14 hours a day so Corded Headphones are a must really,

thanks for posting.

Florida Rat

Greenie
Dec 7, 2018
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta ask...why not just turn off modulation so faint signals are just as loud as the rest? Am I the only one that uses small earbuds and doesn't see (hear) much difference than with expensive headphones?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions