What's new

Boppers and knapping tools

theonlinefisherman

Full Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2012
Messages
122
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
I am a digger of stone, bone, coral, and shell.
Hey all.

This is a runoff of the conversation about loatstones. A site in White County in Tennessee produced these and about two hundred pieces in my personal collection. I have not papered any of them, but there are pieces from gorgeous agate basins - one about five inches long and a G10 to stone axes that could have been made by a cro-magnum. But these were in one cache. Of serious interest is the bopper. I knap, and this is a bopper or I am a young girl.



image-2869452209.webp



image-149951722.webp



image-3680037612.webp



image-3720835827.webp



image-1338471832.webp

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
Upvote 0
The first one I believe is a handle for a fire starter JMO But what is a bopper used for?
 
Could be. I have a flint spall with the cortex on that was used to pressure flake. I have seen a few whole knapping kits that were found in context. Most had the billet of antler and preforms.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom