What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Bottle id

mjb Mike

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2021
Messages
1,069
Reaction score
3,299
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this bottle in my scoop the other day when I was at the beach I’m not a bottle collector but thought it was cool any id help would be appreciated thanks
 

Attachments

  • CBF95281-97ED-4EF0-9CB9-A29D9495BE45.webp
    CBF95281-97ED-4EF0-9CB9-A29D9495BE45.webp
    549.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 58EC7982-397D-49E4-B5E9-34F88700AD7D.webp
    58EC7982-397D-49E4-B5E9-34F88700AD7D.webp
    665.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 2BE207EB-6597-4FAA-9C8C-FF9F6A548D64.webp
    2BE207EB-6597-4FAA-9C8C-FF9F6A548D64.webp
    504.9 KB · Views: 98
  • A8FF9700-F8AE-4684-8906-0B556E997CCA.webp
    A8FF9700-F8AE-4684-8906-0B556E997CCA.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
  • 8D1FFB2D-AAB5-4C87-9BD2-3BAC96314BDA.webp
    8D1FFB2D-AAB5-4C87-9BD2-3BAC96314BDA.webp
    972.9 KB · Views: 104
It resembles an ink bottle. The small size and the shape of the lip makes me think that. Also, a lot of ink was supplied in dark blue bottles.
 
Upvote 2
Upvote 4
Upvote 1
Never heard of Little Boy Blue! The neck looks different, though.
 
Upvote 0
inks typically have a wider base to limit tipping, your seems a bit too narrow for this use.
 
Upvote 1
inks typically have a wider base to limit tipping, your seems a bit too narrow for this use.
That could be. I know there were inkwell bottles, intended to be dipped into with a pen. They had a wider base. There were also “refill bottles” that were meant to be dumped into a well; not used directly. These had narrower bases. But I do think the bluing was probably a more accurate assumption.
 
Upvote 0
There were ink bottles that were of a particular size and that size was to fit the hole in the old wooden school desks.

 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 1
I sat in that desk....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom