What's new

Bought an assortment of 4 boxes this week [w/ penny; dime box updates]

MauserMan

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
279
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
First off, as usual, I got me two boxes of dimes. After unwrapping the last roll of box 1, I fully succumbed to the pain of a skunk. The next day I got another dime box, and to my utter dissapointment, it too produced nothing. My new average must be barely above 1 dime a box. I'm starting to wonder whether I'll ever find a merc or start raising the avg. to a measly 3 per box. My luck is bound to change I guess...

Anyhow, I got my first nickel and penny boxes to change things up. I kept most pre-60's nicks (for now) the oldest was a '38. I also got a '43p wartime -my only bit of the old argent :-\. The penny box was pretty interesting. There were 14 wheats and some Lincoln commems. I saved the coppers, and there was a good bit, I'd say at least 25% on a guess... Some of the old coppers were in pretty good shape too. Has anybody here made penny albums of the minty copper memorials or tried one for the wheaties? Might have to get some holders for myself.

I may try one last dime box and will probably update if I get anything. Guess I'll show a pic of the beat up '48 roo I found last week.

Thx for looking and HH!

Post Script:
I was at a gas station to get air for a tire, and had to use quarters. So I went inside, gave one cashier 2 halves and asked for four quarters... Well, like so many of you have been talking about, she wasn't too educated about America's 50c piece and gave me 8 quarters. I was in a rush, and didn't correct her. A 75c charge at the air pump is steep anyways.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Update- I picked up another dime box and snagged a penny one as well. As soon as I cracked the top of the dimes, I realized I had yet another set of all 2010 P's... I may just try and sell them. The penny box was pretty decent. 20 wheats this time and 2 really nice ones with lots of luster! There was a '36s and two '39's -my three oldest so far. Also got my first King George and 2010 shield. Thanks for lookin and HH.
 

Attachments

  • coinsI.webp
    coinsI.webp
    116.9 KB · Views: 482
  • coin.webp
    coin.webp
    90.9 KB · Views: 478
  • coins3.webp
    coins3.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 521
  • coin 4.webp
    coin 4.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 449
  • pennies.webp
    pennies.webp
    134.1 KB · Views: 477
  • penniesII.webp
    penniesII.webp
    114.3 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0
Re: Bought an assortment of 4 boxes this week

nice finds. on the other note i think charging for air is stupid too. i mean what's next? a coin operated water fountain? :tongue3:
 
Re: Bought an assortment of 4 boxes this week

Sweet!!! Let me know where that gas station is - I've got $1,000 in halves to dump which is 2,000 halves, so maybe she will give me 8,000 quarters?????
 
Re: Bought an assortment of 4 boxes this week

Nice finds and great pixs. Very inspirational. Thta's what CRHing is all about
rileyboy
 
Re: Bought an assortment of 4 boxes this week

silvercop said:
nice finds. on the other note i think charging for air is stupid too. i mean what's next? a coin operated water fountain? :tongue3:
hmmm...u know thats actually a pretty good idea...better get it patented just incase :laughing9:
 
Re: Bought an assortment of 4 boxes this week

nice score on the keepers still, gotta love wheaties!
PS Sinclair has free air pump thingies :)
 
Bump for update :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Bought an assortment of 4 boxes this week

silvercop said:
nice finds. on the other note i think charging for air is stupid too. i mean what's next? a coin operated water fountain? :tongue3:

maybe thats what coinstar should do next! fresh poland spring haha...


nice update/pics!
 
Karma's gonna get you. I'm sorry but, I was in a hurry doesn't cut it. Now get out there and make up for that slip up.
HH
enamel7
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom