Bought some bottles and insulators yesterday.

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I was driving down the highway and saw a yard sale sign so I decided to go. They had a few glass pieces so I decided to go through them.
I found one root beer colored 1/2 gallon bottle with stylized letters AA embossed on it. Above the letters was Federal Law Forbids The Sale Or Re-use Of This Bottle. I thought it was cool so I bought it for $3.00.
Then I found a root beer colored Rogers Bros 1850 Salem, N.J. bottle. I knew this wan't from the 1800's but still a cool looking bottle. I gave $1.00 for it.
I noticed an OLD clear bottle and quickly snatched it up. I knew it was old. It was embossed Ft. Smith Steam Bottling Works. I gave $1.50 for it.
They had several old milk bottles so I picked out the two with the thickest glass.... the ones that I thought were older. I got a pint and a quart. I gave $1.50 for each of them.
They had several insulators. I bought a Hemingray #42 in Aqua, Hemingray #670 Clear and Hemingray C.S.C. Clear insulator for $2.00 each. They had several Hemingray #42's in clear but I only bought the one in aqua.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back