What's new

box of pennies and some halves

stu123

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hunted like 5 banks, 3 of which I'd never tried before. Being a thursday, the smaller banks had no customers at the time.
The big bank wasn't so friendly. I spied they had a box of pennies on the counter and they sold it to me "this one time only". I also went to the coin shop and got some cardboard flips so I could seal up the finds right away.

Cabins 17
Formatives 5
canadian 6
53 X2 + 53s x1 - one was in pretty good shape
38 x1
56 X1
58 x1 + 58d x1
46 x1
51 d x1
59d x4
60's X 52 - two of which were 62 with some shine still on them.
in the havles - a 1971 that looks like there was debris that got between it an the die when it was struck.
62.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1953.webp
    1953.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 19383.webp
    19383.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 1971.webp
    1971.webp
    195.4 KB · Views: 225
  • sat.webp
    sat.webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
Stu don't go crazy with the flips this could become an expensive hobby for you. Try the tubes for the common stuff.

Mojo
 
Hi Mr. Stu,

You should also get a Redbook. It's a good guide for coin values and grades, and what to look for. It's called A Guide Book of United States Coins by R.S. Yeoman. I've got one from 1980 that I got from my father. I think it's time for me to update. I've been needing to get a new one for a while now, but I can't seem to find the time. I'm either at banks or searching rolls.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom