What's new

✅ SOLVED Brass buckle

njrelicgairl

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2013
Messages
538
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
0
Location
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could this buckle be WW2 related? It's brass
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250915_122721047_HDR.webp
    IMG_20250915_122721047_HDR.webp
    761.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20250915_122706034_HDR.webp
    IMG_20250915_122706034_HDR.webp
    944 KB · Views: 67
Solution
Cool thanks! I asked the property owner that has lived there for 60 some years now, I asked her if any one served in WW2 in the family and she said no. But she got over saying about a doctor occupied the place before she moved in. Im going to research property records and see what I can find, hopefully his name and go from there.
Remember army surplus stores were very common for many years. Lots of reason for military gear to be found around a home or in the woods. Many hunters utilized surplus military gear.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Did they use the same buckle in WW1 or earlier? Wouldn’t surprise me, but I’m no expert on these topics. Off topic, how do they put an invisible line of text about me being an E-Bay associate without me seeing it or approving it?

The WWI buckle was more curved than the WWII buckle which has straighter lines. Yours is the WWII style as Red-Coat has shown.
 
Upvote 1
The WWI buckle was more curved than the WWII buckle which has straighter lines. Yours is the WWII style as Red-Coat has shown.
The WWI buckle was more curved than the WWII buckle which has straighter lines. Yours is the WWII style as Red-Coat has shown.
Cool thanks! I asked the property owner that has lived there for 60 some years now, I asked her if any one served in WW2 in the family and she said no. But she got over saying about a doctor occupied the place before she moved in. Im going to research property records and see what I can find, hopefully his name and go from there.
 
Upvote 0
Cool thanks! I asked the property owner that has lived there for 60 some years now, I asked her if any one served in WW2 in the family and she said no. But she got over saying about a doctor occupied the place before she moved in. Im going to research property records and see what I can find, hopefully his name and go from there.
Remember army surplus stores were very common for many years. Lots of reason for military gear to be found around a home or in the woods. Many hunters utilized surplus military gear.
 
Upvote 1
Solution
Cool thanks! I asked the property owner that has lived there for 60 some years now, I asked her if any one served in WW2 in the family and she said no. But she got over saying about a doctor occupied the place before she moved in. Im going to research property records and see what I can find, hopefully his name and go from there.
Hope your research is successful! While the doctor may have passed on, that would be cool to find their next of kin, as they can provide more details.
 
Upvote 0
Hope your research is successful! While the doctor may have passed on, that would be cool to find their next of kin, as they can provide more details.
I'm still in the process of researching property records ecta.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
8
Views
786
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of buckle?
Replies
1
Views
431

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom