What's new

Brass Finial

Dismal Swampy

Full Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2024
Messages
222
Reaction score
1,145
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug this up yesterday along with small skeleton key and Hind bottle with cap still on
20260410_233841.webp
20260410_234158.webp

Finial is around 6" long and fairly heavy
I think it's a lamp finial except the bottom isn't round like others I've seen. Its a saddle shape
20260410_200752.webp
20260410_200420.webp
 
Upvote 14
Love the bottle! It's likely from the 1910's-30's, since it's a screw cap I'm thinking mid-late 1920's specifically. Earlier ones would have looked the same but had a cork seal. It would have had a paper label on the other side. Here is an original advertisement from 1915, you can see a similar shaped bottle to yours pictured in the lower right corner.
PM3_043_1200x1200.webp
 
Cool finds - really like the Bottle !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom