What's new

Brass handle

coin

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 26, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Please help me identify this brass object. I dug it up on our land, which was a working plantation in 1857 along the Trinity River in east Texas. It appears to be some kind of control handle, maybe off of a steamboat or an early automobile. It is 7'' long, slightly bent and worn. Thanks for any help.
Bill
 

Attachments

  • DSC02708.webp
    DSC02708.webp
    161.3 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC02707.webp
    DSC02707.webp
    99.1 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC02709.webp
    DSC02709.webp
    126.5 KB · Views: 276
That thing must've made your detector scream, huh? I think you may be right. Could be a steam control lever from a locomotive, steamboat or steam tractor. If you have a local steam/tractor show, ask around. Railroad buffs are great sources of information also. Wish I could tell you more. Good luck!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom