What's new

Brass Mixer?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's a target that will overload the electronics in you detector. When I passed the coil by it actually overloaded and shut down my machine! I thought "what the heck, I'll dig it. It sounded sweet" I'm thinking it's a bakers mixer. Not sure though. Can any one help with the age and manufacture of this 5lb brass piece...Thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSC00001-2.webp
    DSC00001-2.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC00002-2.webp
    DSC00002-2.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC00003-2.webp
    DSC00003-2.webp
    25 KB · Views: 246
Wow what a cool find :icon_thumright:

I think you're right on the ID. On the mark SS what's the 'dots' on right?

Your detector shut down :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
You're correct. It is a dough hook for a mixer. I have one very similar for my Hobart mixer.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I see, you shut the detector down it wasn't the detector that overloaded and shut down ;D

Commercial mixers are fetching pretty good prices and you may be able to sell your hook. Otherwise still a nice metal detecting relic :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
NO, My detectecter shut itself down! lol
IronSpike said:
I see, you shut the detector down it wasn't the detector that overloaded and shut down ;D

Commercial mixers are fetching pretty good prices and you may be able to sell your hook. Otherwise still a nice metal detecting relic :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Maybe your detector was low on batteries. Mine only shuts down when I hit 'motherload' ;D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom