What's new

Brass object from Battle of Bulls Gap TN, any idea?

Tnrelicman

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
351
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
Found on a steep hillside, any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 0405101430.webp
    0405101430.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 587
  • 0405101431.webp
    0405101431.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 484
It's a bag, purse, or knapsack closure...

At least thats what I can tell from your pictures.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
It's a bag, purse, or knapsack closure...

At least thats what I can tell from your pictures.

I was going to say the same. A pic of the top would help, and does the flat bit turn.

hammered
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
I found this picture...

Green tick time I think. Well done Jim.

hammered
 
Upvote 0
:hello: Hello Guy.


It's called a "turn snap button or "turn stud button for boat canvas a such.

I have turned thousands of em working the charter boats as a kid!
 
Upvote 0
Could it be the post portion of a shoulder scale attachment?
 
Upvote 0
I agree with the others, it's a turn stud button. The shoulder scale piece would be shorter had have flat piece at the end with small holes around it so it could be sown onto the uniform.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
I agree with the others, it's a turn stud button. The shoulder scale piece would be shorter had have flat piece at the end with small holes around it so it could be sown onto the uniform.

You all are probably right, but the reasoning behind my suggesting it as a possibility was this. Using my own fingers for scale, my middle finger on my left hand is right at ¾ of an inch at the point that this item is resting on the middle finger of the poster’s left hand. Based on the amount of finger shown below the body of the item, it doesn’t appear that that portion of it is more than ½ of an inch. Additionally, it has two tabs, such as the ones shown in the thumbnail that attach the turnkey to the base plate of the shoulder scale attachment. I thought that perhaps it might be the post that had come detached from the sew-on attachment plate. But not really knowing the physical aspects of a shoulder scale attachment, other than what I have seen in photos, my suggestion was purely speculative.
 

Attachments

  • scale.webp
    scale.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0
Hey Creskol
It's all cool. you don't know if you don't ask and then sometimes you still don't know :tongue3: The first shoulder scale piece I dug like that was missing the flat part that was sewed to the uniform. I thought I had part of a guitar for along time.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
556
Replies
6
Views
570
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
722

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom