What's new

Brass Rod with mounted ?? I am stuck ??

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
904
Golden Thread
1
Location
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was cleaning out the junk in my truck yesterday and came across this solid brass or copper rod with well I don;t know what to call the end ! It has yellow paint decorating the rod evenly spaced it looks like the head was painted as well ! I remember digging it this fall and putting it in the back of the truck then forgot about it . . I found it in a wooded section of a park that I also made other finds from the early 19th century right into still being used today ! The solid brass rod is broken on the end so we don't have a clue what was on that end ! ?? MaineRelic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1598.webp
    IMG_1598.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1599.webp
    IMG_1599.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_1600.webp
    IMG_1600.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_1601.webp
    IMG_1601.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 394
Looks like a partly used brazing rod with some flux left on it.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • 2026580_4038068_290[1].webp
    2026580_4038068_290[1].webp
    1.9 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 0
It sorta looks to me like some kind of ovoid dapping punch maybe?
 
Upvote 0
wag: hand tapping tool for old south pacific method of tattooing

look at the point of the teardrop for the broken / rusted needle
 

Attachments

  • borneotools_13.webp
    borneotools_13.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 212
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom