What's new

Brasso

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
2,141
Reaction score
1,237
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast, Fl
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried some with light tooth brush action and it really cleans silver with little rubbing. It doesnt seem as destructive as say baking powder. Anyone know of any down side? Dont use it on Saq dollars. It tends to turn them a different color.
 
Don't use it on any collectible coins including silver. It is very damaging to the surfaces.
 
l.cutler said:
Don't use it on any collectible coins including silver. It is very damaging to the surfaces.

Don't use it on any collectible.

all have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE
 
As all said above...don;t use it on any collectible...I personally don;t clean any silver coins, except for a light rinse with water. If you are gonna clean silver coins at all...I;d use silver polish rather than brasso on them.
 
Being an old army guy i had to try it. Guess that answered my question sort of. I know Brasso removes the coating on stainless and brass but i didnt notice any change to the coins except the black was removed quit easily. No i didnt use it on any collectable, i never do during a test. Thanks for the advice.
 
being an old army guy myself, brasso works great to a point. It takes off tarnish and polishes very well, but, you have to continue using it to keep the shine because it strips the coin.
if it's valuable, I wouldn't use it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom