What's new

breaking off piece of large meteorite

Tuberale

Gold Member
Joined
May 12, 2010
Messages
5,780
Reaction score
3,460
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I am about to find a huge meteorite. Assuming I find it, how to I break off a fist-sized chunk of it for analysis? Do I need to hire a demolition expert to break off a piece with explosives? Just getting to the site is difficult since the area is in a rainforest, and mostly overgrown. Suggestions?
 
If in fact you find it, there will likely be some broken off pieces nearby or around the larger mass, so no need to break any piece(s) off it. If no smaller pieces cannot be found, then just find a cracked section and very carefully hammer a chisel into the crack. That should separate a piece off the larger mass. Good luck and make sure to post pics.
 
Please post photos! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom