I haven't shared this with a lot of people, but here goes. About twenty years ago I was in a small branch library in Birmingham Alabama and was in an American history section that was entitled," little known War of Northern Aggression facts". I had been there quite a few times and had never seen this book before, so I got it, sat down and started reading. The more I read the wider my eyes got. The book was about president Lincoln's assassination. I can still remember the opening lines of the book, " the true story of president Lincoln's assassination will never see the light of day! Have you ever wondered why the union Sgt. made it a point to get close to the burning barn with Booth inside? Remember the soldiers ORDERS were to take Booth ALIVE! Eyewitnesses said the Sgt. moved down the side of the clapboard barn until he came to a place where he had a clear shot of Booth. He already had his weapon out so he raised the barrel, took aim and shot Booth down. He was immediately arrested and taken back to D.C. He was released from custody, given orders to a plum duty station and a promotion. So much for Union Justice, huh?
This is going to take too long, just don't believe everything you read about Booth. Remember the words Yankee Industrialists and Lincoln's defiance of them.