Brewerton

Huzzah!

Mar 16, 2019
Old Virginny
Detector(s) used
AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new spot and threw a few test holes in the ground to which none yielded anything. Dog wanted to move along so we tried a different spot. Found a flat area between two cold Springs immediately above the river and did a 1x1? test hole and found maybe 15 flakes of a variety of material?unfortunately I don?t have a photo of the flakes, but they are pretty and colorful. Fortunately this little 1.25? Brewerton popped out before I could damage it. Looks like black chert. Head hurt too much to keep looking but I was happy to have had a nice test and will go back as soon as I can.

85FBFDD3-EC5F-4746-A281-3B5BA184B60E.png

Upvote 0

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I posted this point I found a few months back and got told it was "just a used up stub". Could this fall into the brewerton category? It's the only point I have found of this type and material. Western NC IMG_5033.JPG IMG_5031.JPG

OP
OP
Huzzah!

Huzzah!

Mar 16, 2019
Old Virginny
Detector(s) used
AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave—can’t put a type on your point, but that little Brewerton I found is exactly that—a stub. Reduced down to a very small and used-up piece of weaponry. Certainly could have been made into a thumb scraper, but I think mine got dropped and lost. Very sharp edges and tip is in fine condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread