What's new

British bullion patches?

Lafitte Deux

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
681
Reaction score
366
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked these up at a yard sale. The seller had no clue about them.
I can't find anything on the web. I don't think they're military.
I'm curious as to age and what they represent. Any info or links to search sites is appreciated.

Laf
 

Attachments

  • 000_0001.webp
    000_0001.webp
    87.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 000_0002.webp
    000_0002.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 000_0003.webp
    000_0003.webp
    77.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 000_0004.webp
    000_0004.webp
    55 KB · Views: 111
On the larger one the shape that the crown sits atop almost looks like an outline of Kosovo...
But then it almost looks like my egg and cheese sandwich too. It could be a non-issued military patch, thus not quite of the quality of detail of the official ones?
 
Upvote 0
The patch on the left has a KING's CROWN which has a rounded top, that means it's from before the reign of Elizabeth the 2nd (1952 to [present). The crown patch on the right is a QUEEN's CROWN which has a heart shaped top and is from either the current reign or from Victoria, but I doubt it's that old. I don't know what the patches are for.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info gents.
I'll check the Kosovo reference. Who knows?
The info on the crowns should narrow the search.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom