What's new

british registry design number

cryptic

Full Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2009
Messages
174
Reaction score
148
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was digging for some old bottles one day and out popped a little medal. It looks like a shield or family crest. It has the hallmarks Anchor, Lion, and the letter f. Under that are the letters H.G.C. It also has a british registry design number RD225164.

I was able to find out about the hallmarks. They mean it is silver, from burmingham, and the year 1905. But I am having trouble to find out about the actual medal itself. What was it for? The only information I can find out about the design number is that the design was registered around 1895.

Where does someone find information about specific RD#'s and what the item is for?

Thanks!
 
Interesting, would love to see a picture.
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
I knew someone was going to ask that. :D I will try for some pics.
 
Upvote 0
Here is the front and back.
 

Attachments

  • rsz_1dsc01402.webp
    rsz_1dsc01402.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 198
  • rsz_dsc01403.webp
    rsz_dsc01403.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0
Cool looking piece. Strange how the back had more then the front. As the day goes on more knowledgeable people will chime in I am sure. Good Luck
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
Well I can say that the assay marks for Birmingham. England is the anchor, and the City motto is Forward. I know that cause that's where I live ;D
 
Upvote 0
:read2:

Nice Silver watch fob :icon_thumleft: I have one very similar :icon_thumleft: I think the year is 1803, and Birmingham like Unicorn pointed out...nice find :icon_thumleft:

Scratch that year, I think it's actually 1905. There is a Birmingham fob maker by the name of Horace George Croneen, 1906-1908. This could be your man :icon_thumleft:


SS
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thank you very much. Green Checkmark
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom