What's new

Broken Awls?

Swartzie

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
791
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dug these last year in a woods that has history dating back to the mid 1700's. They were all found in a 6 ft diameter patch of ground. I was just thinking they were some kind of square nail missing the head when I found them. Kinda weird. No homesites nearby. But, today I visited a local museum that has artifacts that were dug on site of Ohio's' only Rev. war fort. This site is only 2 miles from where I hunt. In the museum they had a display of some broken needles and awls that were excavated. I noticed the broken awls look much like the objects I had dug last year. Any thoughts?

-Swartzie
 

Attachments

  • unknown.webp
    unknown.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 228
  • needles-awls.webp
    needles-awls.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
I agree, cut nails, not real old, late late 1800's thru recent times.
The museum ID wouldn't be the first time a museum missed it.

Hay2
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom